Thursday, February 14, 2008

Life's Little (and Big) Detours

,As of yesterday I no longer work for Hidden City Games. I was laid off in a round of down-sizing that included not just me, but several people including some others who've been working at HCG since the Clout days.

While I'm sad about leaving the best job I've ever had, I'm optimistic I'll be able to get either another game developer job or get my own gaming business off the ground. Both are long-shots, but I've got a little time to explore both options. As these things go, the timing isn't terrible.

I'd also like to publicly thank my dear friends Jesper Myrfors and Paul Peterson who actively worked to keep me on. I know that if it were their decision, I'd still be there, and that means a lot to me.

If any of my Seattle area friends read this blog and need my services, I'm free to do whatever you need done. After working on pink horses for little girls (not a bad thing!), I'm basically ready for anything. Even so, the more robots and zombies, the better.

My HCG e-mail address still works, but I can't say for how long. To reach me, your best bet is conusa <> comcast <> net

-Adam

No comments: