Be first to bring a solid next generation virtual world experience to users.
Offer a unique experience, dramatically different from the majority of VWs.
While being first is great (Google, Amazon, etc.) there's only room for one at the top of that mountain. Being unique is the key if you don't want to take the longshot bet of being the top dog. To know what's unique, I want to list what (currently) makes most virtual worlds the same.
- Avatars - 3d or 2d
- Focuses on Kids (13 and unders) or Teens (everybody else.)
- Game-like navigation. Sites that call themselves virtual worlds but don't allow avatars to move around in some semi natural manner are (to me) fancy chat/game rooms.
- Currency (in some form)
- Customizable Living Spaces
- Stores - Outfitting avatars and/or living spaces
- In-World - Using Avatars in the VW setting.
- Out-World - Game launches outside of the VW setting and may not even be related to the VW.