Monday, February 25, 2008

I want to make money by giving my games away.

Chris Anderson, author of The Long Tail, is working on a new book about the economy of "free". His views on how business works totally jibe with what I want to do, but I can't wait until 2009 to find out what he says.

I want to:

  • Build a website with PDF downloads of complete, ready to play, card games.
  • Give the games away for free*
  • Invite other game designers, including designers of out of print games, to do the same.
  • ?
  • Profit
Ideas, anyone?

* My current plan is to charge for the downloads, but if there's a model that allows me to support the site, and myself, without charging, that's the way to go for sure.

This is the article, about the article, which will be in the next (current?) issue of Wired.

-Adam

No comments: